2020-03-19 EXPLANATION OF PARNASHAVARI MANTRA BY SANSKRIT EXPERT
You might be interested in the meaning of the Parṇaśavarī mantra. Here is an interpretation of RYI’s former teachers, Wiesiek Mical (*):
Sanskrit: om̐ piśāci parṇaśavari sarvopapraśamani svāhā //
Possible English rendering:
Om. Piśāci, Leaf-Clad Wild Lady, O, Ever-Ready Pacifier of Everything! Svaha.
This is a mantra of pacifying (one of the four types of activity).
· sarva means “all”.
· śamanī (feminine) means “one who pacifies”. The prefix pra strengthens or intensifies the meaning of pacifying, and upa could suggest that this pacifying is somehow rendered as a personal help. (upa implies near and ready, on stand-by)
· śavarī (feminine) is a tribal woman, considered to be low caste or outcaste, even barbarian.
· parṇa means “leaves”, so parṇaśavarī suggests a tribal woman who wears a skirt of leaves (this goddess is iconographically depicted as wearing leaves).
· piśācī (feminine) is a spirit from the piśāca class.
· svāhā is a benediction that typically comes at the end of peaceful mantras.
The words all have a vocative ending (short i instead of long), which means that the mantra addresses Parṇaśavarī directly, in the second person.
(*) Wiesiek Mical is one of the Sanskrit specialists of the Dharmachakra Translation Committee working for the 84,000’s translation projects.
Photo: Forest Goddess: Healer of Contagious Diseases Parnashavari (detail); Central Tibet; 19th century; Pigments on cloth; Rubin Museum of Art C2003.36.3.
2020-03-19 Meddelande från Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche
My dearest Dharma students and friends,
At this time with the widespread of COVID-19 I want to share some advice! All of us should stay home and refrain from going out unnecessarily. Make use of this time. Study and practice like a retreat. It is a rare opportunity for us to have the time and the space to engage at once in the cultivation of stability love and openness .
This is the best time to spend accumulating the mantra of the Bhagavatī Parṇaśavari, who is associated with healing and the curing of contagious disease. Here is her mantra:
OM PISHATSI PARNASHAWARI SARVA UPA TRA SHAMANI SOHA
Recite the mantra at least one round of mala (rosary) daily.
Or you could recite the Praises to 21 Taras.
Whatever practices we do, we do with love for all beings, near and far. Bodhicitta is the nectar of fearlessness.
I encourage everyone to mix Mendrub (blessing pills) in water and drink it every morning on empty stomach.
I send my love and prayers for the good health, well-being, and freedom of all beings.
2020-03-19 Ett klipp från när Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche var i Sverige 2012
2020-03-17 Webbplatsen omgjord för nya Google Sites.
Uppdatering av webbplatsen till nya Google Sites, hoppas att du kan hitta den informationen du söker, en del av den gamla funtionaliteten är försvunnen då den inte stöds av det nya systemet.