Green Tara - teachings and retreat with Lama Tenzin Sangpo, March 18-23, 2014
Since some years back, Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche and a group of his students around the world hav worked with creating a fantastic and accesible on-line program with buddhist teaching and practices from Green Tara - The Triple Excellence. At the same time, Rinpoche himself, as well as Lama Tenzin and other teachers teach around the world, based on the same Triple Excellence. In the summer of 2012, Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche was in Stockholm, and gave an empowerment to the practice of Green Tara. This year we will receive teachings, explanations and opportunity to practice the triple execellencies together with Lama Tenzin and other Tara-practitionoers in Sweden.
About the teacher and the translator
The teachings at Lama Tenzins visit will be based on the contents of Tara's Triple Excellence, a concise and complete set of teachings that describes the practices of the three yanas.
The evening teachings will explain how to practice according to the meditation text The Essence of the Two Accumulations. The text will be made available without cost for participants in the retreat.
In the retreat, teachings and practice will be alternated with contemplations of central buddhist themes, such as impermanence and death, sufferings in samsara, love and compassion etc.
Participants will need to practice meditation in action by helping out with tasks for preparing meals, doing dishes or cleaning up.
- Tueseday March 18, at 18 - 20:30 ca.
- Wednesday March 19, at 18 - 20:30 ca.
- Thursday Mach 20, at 18 - 20:30 ca.
Retreat (preliminary program):
Friday March 21
- 15:00 All are welcome for tea and snacks.
- 17:00 - 18:00 Meditation
- 18:30 - 19:30 Dinner - soup
- 20:00 - 21:30 Lama Tenzin starts the retreat
Lördag 22 mars
- Breakfast - dishes
- Meditation (& teaching)
- Lunch - dishes
- Meditation (& teaching)
- Middag - dishes
Söndag 23 mars
- Mediation (& teaching)
- Packing - Cleaning/inspection and restoring the facilities.
- 15:00 Retreat ends - we leave together
The retreat will be based on teachings from the evenings - so we highly recommend that you attend those as well. We will also try to make the evening teachings available via webcast for participants who have difficult to attend on the weekday evenings in Abrahamsberg.
Food & lodging
Food and lodging is included in the retreat.
Food: Vegetarian food will be served according to the following:
Saturday: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Sunday: Breakfast, lunch.
Contact us if you have special dietary needs, so that we can discuss how a suitable solution can be reached.
Lodgind: The lodging is in 4-bed rooms. We offer separate rooms for men and women.
You will need to bring your own bed linen and towel. Beds are equipped with a pillow and a blanket.
At the end of the retreat, we will clean the facilities together.
Practical stuff to bring:
- Bed linen. Bring an extra blanket or sleeping back if you are worried about getting cold during the night.
- There are chairs for those who want to sit on a chair. If you want to sit on the floor, bring your own meditation cushion, and/or mat. Also bring something to avoid placing the dharma texts directly on the floor.
- Something to sit on for outdoor meditation
- Swimsuit and towel
- Rain gear / umbrella
- Indoor shoes
- Cash for donations to the teacher(s).
Lama Tenzin Sangpo is educated as a lama in the Tibetan tradition. He has been requested by Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche to teach at centers and dharma groups in Europe. A large part of his time is spent at the retreat centers Rangjung Yeshe Gomde in Austria and Denmark, where he is a much appreciated teacher and guide.
Lama Tenzin has visited us to teach here in Sweden the last three years.
Lama Tenzin has completed the traditional three-year retreat, and is educated in the meditations and rituals that are performed at the Ka-Nying-monastery in Kathmandu. Tenzin-la is an experienced meditatior and a thorough and knowledgable teacher.
The teachings are translated to English by Heidi Koeppl.
The teachings consist of two parts, and will take place at two venues in the Stockholm area.
- Evening teachings, March 18 - 20 will be given at Ritarvägen 12 - (T) Abrahamsberg - fifteen minutes from T-centralen, on the green line subway. See map below.
- The retreat, March 21 - 23 will be held at
- Skatboets cottages at Korpholmsvägen 18, Värmdö
Registration and payment
Register with THIS REGISTRATION FORM - or call Peter. See contact details below.
Register as soon as possible to facilitate our planning.
Payment on location. Credit cards accepted.
Price for the retreat is:
- 1900 kronor, regular price.
- 1500 kronor, for unemployed, students, etc.
The price includes our expenses for accomodation, food, rent and travelling expenses for the teachers - but no payment to the teacher. You will need to personally give your donation to the teacher in an envelope at the end of the teachings. Yo give according to you own means and circumstances (a guiding amount could be 500 - 2000 kr, depending on your financial situatuion. A larger amount is fine, as well as a smaller).
For the evening teachings we ask for a donation
- 50-100 kr per evening (cash or card).
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask:
- Peter Olin - email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 073-922 05 44
How to get there
Details will be posted about
- Public transport and buses